L.A Brewery Kombucha Cocktail Recipes
The gentle fermentation involved in brewing kombucha creates complex and exciting drinks that are ideal served straight up or mixed into cocktails, literally bringing your drink to life.
Here we have compiled some of our favourite non-alcoholic and low alcohol kombucha cocktail recipes using our drinks as a key ingredient, made by friends of L.A Brewery.
Our friends at Iris Avenue currently offer a Summer with L.A package for a manicure accompanied by delicious cocktails mixed using our drinks.
They've shared the recipe for this simple serve, all you need is honey, orange zest, mint, lemon juice & kombucha.
L.A Citrus Hops kombucha
1. Simply add 1 tsp honey, the zest of 1/4 orange, juice of half a lemon into a glass. Gently stir in some fresh mint
Top with Citrus Hops kombucha and garnish with a twist of orange peel.
2. TROPICAL MALT SOUR
by Warren Deroche
At L.A we are big fans of a whiskey sour, so we love this interpretation by mixologist Warren Deroche AKA @cocktail_dynamo. He uses a myriad of tart fruity flavours & our Tropical Ginger to play with the single malt whiskey base.
English Single Malt
Passion Berry - Honey
L.A Ginger Kombucha
Nasturtium leaf garnish (optional)
1. Add 30ml Single Malt Whiskey, 20ml passion fruit honey, 5ml melonade and 25ml lemon juice to a cocktail shaker (without ice).
- Add a 10 drops of of miraculous foamer to your mix and dry shake (no ice).
- Fill shaker with ice and shake again.
- Strain into a tall glass over a large ice cube.
- Top with 75ml Tropical Ginger (or to taste) & garnish with a nasturtium leaf.
3. THYME OUT
by Fabio Ali
Mixologist Fabio Ali adds to the floral notes of our Citrus Hops with lavender and thyme. A complex, fruity & refreshing drink for a hot summer's day.
Thyme & mango-cream syrup
Non-alcoholic lavender bitter
L.A Citrus Hops kombucha
1. Pour 25ml syrup, juice of half a lemon and a dash of lavender bitter into a glass filled with ice.
- Top up with Citrus Hops kombucha and give a gentle stir.
- Garnish with thyme and enjoy.
4. ETON MESS FIZZ
by Kombucha Warehouse
Our Strawberry & Black Pepper is a popular choice for mixing with its unique sweet, savoury flavour profile.
Inspired by the classic Gin Fizz, Kombucha Warehouse add a British Summer twist to this alcoholic cocktail.
Whole milk powder
L.A Strawberry & Rhubarb kombucha
1. Add 2 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of milk powder, 25ml of lemon juice and 50ml of gin to a blender.
- Pour into a glass and top with L.A Strawberry & Black Pepper kombucha.
Garnish with lemon and a pinch of black pepper.
by Harp Mann
Harp Mann aka @mix.mann uses our Tropical Ginger to create this more exotic & healthier take on a regular G&T.
50ml Woodland Dry Gin (or we like Atopia Spiced Citrus as an alternative to alcohol)
25ml Dry Vermouth
10ml Hibiscus Syrup
15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
1/3 Pipette Allspice bitters
100ml L.A Ginger kombucha
- Simply shake all (except Kombucha) with ice for 20s.
2.Strain into an ice filled highball glass and top with chilled L.A Ginger Kombucha.
- Garnish with mint.