Louise has been seeking out her favourite early-Summer seasonal flowers & fruits to create a selection of ingredients for summer cocktails:
🌞 Elderflower tincture
🌼 Linden flower tea (lime flower tea)
🍍 Pineapple weed syrup
🍑 Flat peaches
1. Elderflower Tincture:
This June, elderflower was out in abundance. London parks were full of its scent, especially Peckham Rye Park where Louise & the L.A team went to pick theirs.
We love elderflower cordial and champagne, but this year Louise has extracted the goodness of elderflower and preserved it in a tincture.
Use a few drops daily to boost your immune system, or mix into a cocktail for added floral notes ✨
1. Gather your elderflower from local hedgerows (late May - mid June is best), or you can purchase ready dried elderflower.
2. If using fresh elderflower, strip the flowers fully from the small stems and dry prior to extraction.
3. Steep 90g of dried flowers in 360ml of highest proof vodka you can find (usually 40% ABV in the U.K.) for 2 weeks.
2. Linden/Lime Flower Tea
Another flower with a captivating scent. The linden or lime flower is aromatic and mildly sweet, and makes a soothing cup of tea. Louise finds hers in Victoria Park, London where a line of lime trees border the paths.
3. Pineapple Weed Syrup
Pineapple weed or wild chamomile thrives in unlikely locations: cracks in the pavement or patchy areas of greenery. Easily identified by its distinct pineapple scent when crushed, and taste when eaten! Louise urban-foraged hers from a meadow patch in Peckham for this pineapple weed syrup recipe.
We love the tropical taste of pineapple weed syrup used as a base in cocktails. Delicious with our L.A Citrus Hops.
4. L.A Sparkling Rose & Peach Bellini
L.A Sparkling English Rose
2 flat peaches
1. Peel and blend/juice the flat peaches, leaving a few slices for garnishing.
2. Top with L.A Sparkling English Rose kombucha
3. Add lemon juice to taste & garnish with peach slices. Enjoy!
We are giving three of Louise's summer drinking kits away on Instagram. For a chance to win, simply...